Our context and purpose
The Active Ageing Reference Group is responsible for providing advice and recommendations as representatives of the broader community. It will provide insight into the issues impacting Council’s ageing population.
Moonee Valley City Council’s Aged & Disability Department provides a comprehensive range of support services, community linkages, advice and referral to assist older adults, people with a disability, and carers to remain connected and safe in their homes and chosen communities. The services are vital to the quality of life enjoyed by individuals and families within Moonee Valley and operate as part of a wide-ranging service system involving the State and Federal Governments, non-government and community-based organisations.
As such we believe representatives of the community are best placed and a great source to inform Council of the current issues that impact their quality of life, integration into their community, and the ability to “live in place”.
The Active Ageing Reference Group (AARG) will assist to:
- Advocate for ageing residents within their community/groups
- Provide insight into issues impacting older adults
- Provide insight and guidance into the direction of healthy ageing in the City of Moonee Valley
- Provide a forum for representatives to inform Council planning, service design, program initiatives, projects and respective evaluations foster information sharing and promotion where applicable
- Promote AARG to those groups they are affiliated with in order to increase AARG membership.
Membership comprises of:
- 1 - 2 Council representatives (including administrative support)
- 6 - 8 Community representatives (selected through an Expression of Interest process)
Additional community membership will be considered.
How to apply
|Complete an online application form here|
|Prefer to apply over the phone? Give the Healthy Ageing Team a call on (03) 9243 1405.|
|Write to us: Active Ageing Reference Group, Moonee Valley City Council, PO Box 126, Moonee Ponds, VIC 3039.|