Council has drafted a new Advocacy Strategy for the period 2022 – 2025.
The Advocacy Strategy outlines our community’s priorities for Council advocacy to seek support and funding from external stakeholders and government. The priorities will help inform what Moonee Valley City Council advocates for on behalf of the community in the State and Federal elections, scheduled to take place in 2022.
Some of the advocacy priorities we have proposed include:
• Asking the Federal Government for a youth mental health service in Moonee Valley
• Building a new library and business hub for Niddrie
• Connecting Keilor East and Airport West to the rail network with a Western Gateway Station
• Actions to support a zero carbon Moonee Valley
• Projects to brighten our waterways and enhance green open space.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback about the identified priorities in our draft Advocacy Strategy. The Advocacy Strategy is now final and available on Council's website. You can read it here.