Arts and culture are central to our society and are an important foundation in supporting liveability, enhancing social cohesion and community wellbeing.
in 2022 we consulted with our community, artists and businesses in the area to find out their thoughts on arts and culture in the area and what was important to them. From the feedback received, a draft Arts and Culture Strategy for Moonee Valley was developed. This Strategy aims to provide the following:
- A clear plan of action for Council
- Capture the voice and aspirations of the community
- An invitation to the community to participate in bringing the Strategy to life
- Put a spotlight on local artists and cultural assets
- Identify policy alignment across Governments
- Transparent and open accountability for supporting the community’s arts and cultural ambitions
The draft Strategy outlines key priority areas and lists a number of goals to support its implementation. The three key priority areas are:
- Celebration of our identity
- A place of boundless creativity
- Driving culturally-led prosperity
We’re keen to understand your thoughts on this strategy. Have your say today.