Moonee Valley Pride (MV Pride) is the voice of Moonee Valley's LGBTIQA+ community, providing feedback to Council to make sure our City is fair, welcoming and safe for all.
Our MV Pride Reference Group was formed in 2015 to support LGBTIQA+ strategy and policy development.
The main function of the MV Pride reference group is to support LGBTIQA+ advocacy and visibility throughout our City. This is achieved by working with group members to develop an annual action plan, deliver events and activities, or work on advocacy and engagement campaigns.
In 2023 the MV Pride reference group will:
- hold regular meetings
- provide advice to Council representatives
- encourage involvement of the LGBTIQA+ reference group, including events and activities
- develop Moonee Valley City Council’s Roadmap to Pride
- communicate outcomes of meetings to the broader community
- undertake reporting on the LGBTIQA+ portfolio.
Previously, the group has supported Council’s campaign to achieve marriage equality and prepare the LGBTIQA+ Strategy, the MV2040 Strategy, the FAIR Action Plan, and the Council Plan.
MV Pride membership
This group welcomes any and all people who identify as LGBTIQA+ who live, work, study, and/or recreate in Moonee Valley.
Email us here to register your interest!
We are also accepting applications from those who identify as allies of LGBTIQA+. This can include people who are cis-gendered, endosex, heterosexual parents of LGBTIQA+ children, and anyone who is willing to strongly advocate on behalf of this community.
We aim to have a balanced representation of individuals in the group. We’re looking to create a committee that reflects the diverse experience of LGBTIQA+ people in our City including:
- people from diverse backgrounds
- people with a disability
- people of a variety of ages (there is no minimum age for members)
- people from different locations across the municipality and beyond
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.