Thank you to all in our community who provided feedback on the draft budget. Council endorsed the Budget 22/23 on 28 June.
The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed our way of life and our way of doing business. This budget acknowledges the past two years of uncertainty and hardships, prioritises our residents and prepares us for the opportunities of the future.
This budget reflects Council’s unwavering pledge to meet our City’s needs while being mindful of economic responsibility and trust given to us by our community.
Some of the key projects we’re delivering in the Budget include:
- New public toilet facility at Woodlands Park ($500,000)
- Clifton Park Pavilion ($700,000)
- Construction of Flemington Community Hub and Debney’s Park precinct works ($15.3 million)
- Redevelopment of the Flemington Library ($2.15 million)
Rose Hill Ward
- Improvements to Keilor Road Streetscape ($1.68 million)
- Design and documentation of a Highball Stadium at Quinn Grove ($2 millionn)
- Design and documentation for the relocation of existing soccer and tennis facilities in the Quinn Grove Precinct ($1 million)
We are also investing in a range of improvements across the city, including:
- Planting more trees ($1 million)
- Renewing playgrounds ($645,000)
- Renewing cricket nets ($704,000)
- Renewing local roads network ($ 3.9 million)
Council will continue to work closely with community members to strike the right balance between current and future needs, from the delivery of ongoing services and the upgrade of existing assets, to investment in new infrastructure that will revive the local economy and support our community’s continued growth, long into the future.