Update - We are proud to present the Moonee Valley City Council Budget for the 2023-24 financial year to our community, adopted by Council on Tuesday, 27 June 2023. To view the budget please click here, and to view the media release click here.
Thank you to everyone who contributed feedback during the draft budget consultation period! Responses gathered during our online community consultation were all considered in the budget adoption process.
May 2023 - We are proud to deliver the draft Council and Health Plan Initiatives and a draft Council Budget that delivers the projects that are most important to our community and provides critical community services to those who need it most.
The draft Council and Health Plan Initiatives identify up to thirty actions that Moonee Valley City Council will focus their efforts in 2023/24 in order to deliver the commitments of the Council and Health Plan 2021-25.
Some of the key capital works projects we’re delivering include:
- Clifton Park Pavilion improvements and cricket nets ($3.1 million)
- Clifton Park Indented Parking, Speed Hump and Shared path ($1.3 million)
- Lebanon Reserve- Sports field upgrade ($2.26 million)
- Strathnaver Reserve – Sports field upgrade ($830,000)
- Redevelopment of the Ascot Vale Library ($5.13 million)
- Maribyrnong Park pavilion- new modular change rooms ($1.56 million)
- Fairbairn Park (southern) Ascot Vale - Modular pavilion ($1.34 million)
Rose Hill Ward
- Improvements to Keilor Road Streetscape ($1.94 million)
- Rosehill Park Landscape Upgrade stage 2 ($1.49 million)
- Overland Reserve car park upgrade ($1.29 million)
- AJ Davis Reserve- new shared pathways ($872,000)
We are also investing in a range of improvements across the city, including:
- Planting more trees ($1 million)
- Drainage improvement works ($2 million)
- Food Organics Garden Organics (FOGO) Bin roll out ($2.2 million)
- Renewing local roads ($5.2 million)
- Renewing & Upgrading buildings incl. DDA compliance works ($1.54 million)
- Sports field lighting upgrade and Renewal ($1.29 million)
- Pedestrian and shared path improvements ($2.0 million)
- Renewing cricket nets ($830,000)
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction initiatives ($350,000)
Have your say!
|It was wonderful to speak with so many community members at the Neighbourhood Engagement Activity on Friday 26 May 12-2pm at the Clocktower Centre Moonee Ponds.|
|Prefer to speak with someone? Phone us on 03 9243 8888.|
|Write to us: Draft Budget 2023/24 Submissions, Moonee Valley City Council, PO Box 126, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039 (now closed).|