Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the draft design for the Pattison Street Pocket Park, Moonee Ponds during November and December 2021.
We received really positive feedback, with 75% of online respondents stating they support the design.
Based on the feedback from the community, the final detail design was adjusted to include the following amendments:
- Additional picnic table space for small to medium sized group gatherings
- Opportunity for informal games such as chess/checkers with custom boards inbuilt into picnic tables
- Improved pedestrian and cycle connection at Pattison Street with future connection to Dean Street in following year/s
The design still features;
- An arbor to frame the main walkway
- A curved custom seating spine which weaves through the site
- A large centrally located shade tree
- Grassed lawn area
- Furniture (drink fountain, bins and bike racks and park seats)
- Landscaping and native planting
A summary of feedback with design responses is available here.
Join us this Saturday, 5 August as we celebrate the launch of this new space, where you can enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits. View the event poster here.
Location: 36 Pattison Street, Moonee Ponds, 3039