Thank you to all who provided feedback on the draft Quinn Grove Precinct Master Plan. This consultation has now closed while we consider feedback received.
The Quinn Grove Precinct Master Plan proposes new and upgraded sports and recreational facilities for Keilor East at Quinn Grove Reserve and Essendon Keilor College’s East Keilor Campus.
Council has prepared an updated Quinn Grove Precinct Master Plan in response to community and stakeholder consultation, as well as further sustainability and transport investigations. The new plan includes an updated vision, as well as a revised layout of the proposed development.
The new Vision for the Quinn Grove Precinct is:
“A welcoming and inclusive gathering place for health, well-being and lifelong learning, where people can be active and connect with their community. The precinct is a green, sustainable and accessible destination with a diverse and balanced mix of facilities and public spaces which are inviting for all.”
There are also five key principles which are intended to guide the initiatives for the project.
|A multi-use precinct for sports, fitness, learning and play||An attractive and enhanced open space||Community, partnerships & programming||Green, cool & climate resilient||Accessible and well-connected|
The revised draft Quinn Grove Precinct Master Plan is available to view here.
- A 6-court highball stadium which is integrated with the existing Keilor East Leisure Centre. This allows for a more efficient use of land in the precinct, and creates more usable open space. The revised layout also better responds to the local climate and prevents amenity impacts on the outdoor swimming pool.
- Two separate synthetic soccer pitches located on the school site, one of which is a dedicated soccer pitch, the other is inlaid within a sports oval.
- The relocation of the Keilor East Tennis Club to the northern boundary of the precinct.
- New shared path connections allowing for greater cycling and pedestrian movement through the precinct.
- A commitment to achieve a Green Star rating for the new building.
A full report outlining the refinement process and changes made since the exhibited Draft Master Plan is available:
What we heard last time:
- There is widespread support for the development of a highball stadium at the Quinn Grove Precinct, but that there are concerns about the potential over-development and loss of open space.
- There is strong support for soccer facilities within the precinct, but the multi-use nature of the proposed pitch may impact its usability for soccer.
- That there may be future need for an expansion of the tennis courts
- That there could be greater consideration for sustainability initiatives, including improved tree cover, landscaping and biodiversity opportunities as well as improved sustainable and active transport initiatives.
Have your say!
|Complete the online feedback form here by 9 July 2023 - survey closed|
|Prefer to speak with someone? Phone us on 03 9243 8888|
|Write to us: Quinn Grove Precinct Master Plan, Advocacy Grants and Engagement Team, Moonee Valley City Council, PO Box 126, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039|